Thursday, December 16, 2010

Decorations




PAPER FLOWERS
 

LIGHTING

                                                Above are the lighted chinese lanterns.

I like the big bulbs surrounding the dance floor.
I like the big bulbs here too. I'm wondering how difficult it would be to find them (possibly on sale after Christmas) and also how we could go about stringing the lights from trees or maybe poles? Notice the papel picado (cut paper).


                                                      TABLES & CENTERPIECES
 Where can I rent some chairs like that? And how much does it cost?

I think I like the simplicity of the white tablecloth. They should be easy to find/borrow and for the most part free except for the cleaning of them afterward. I also like the idea of making the runner like they did in the picture above. I think it would be cool if the runners were all different colors and I would like to have the centerpieces all go together but be different at the same time. If that makes any sense? 

I'm playing with the idea of long tables rather than round tables or having a combination of round and long tables. The brown tables are pretty too. Pedro and I were talking about having long tables set up in a u shape facing the dance floor so people could sit and watch rather than everyone standing and watching. I'm not sure if we will have a dance floor but the area  where we will dance, throw the bouquet, toss the garter and maybe break a pinata. 



Use potted plants as centerpieces or combine fresh cut flowers with produce. Centerpieces could be edible arrangements consisting of wheat grass, herbs, or organic produce. Centerpieces could also be long lasting potted plants - both of which will reduce the amount of immediate waste following your wedding or event.

I want to get more info on this! If anyone has places where they get potted plants please let me know! I've always loved the idea of growing my own herbs and things so this would be a really cool way to get started with it and then I wouldn't feel like the money spent on the center pieces would go to waste right after the reception. 








I'm loving the ideas of the tables above. I love all the different colors but we'd simplify the setting. We're not gonna have them set with the silverware, etc because the food is buffet style at the reception.  I found some lanterns at Hobby Lobby today but they were a lot different looking. They ranged from $15-$25. A ton of stuff was on sale today at HL but those weren't so I was hoping I could go back after Christmas and that they might be on sale then. 
 I don't think I liked the striped runner as much I like the floral one or just a plain color. I think the wheatgrass centerpiece could be worked into this set up as well. My goal is to have all the centerpiece stuff by the beginning of February and all the tin cans (that will hold flowers and also all of the jars. So we need to start collecting them from Pedro's family as well as mine. His family might use more of the authentic Mexican stuff so I need to make sure and have his mom save the cans. 

1 comment:

  1. ok 1) tissue balls: Love them, more the better, different colors and sizes. We could even through in some paper stars too (will send you an email with a picture. 2) Luminating sacks: cute but if you are doing the centerpieces with cans and flowers, you don't really need them, and you would also have to get battery operated candles so some little kid doesn't start them on fire. 3)Light strands: They sale them at home depot. They are pricey but you are going to need some lighting for the dancing anyway and they look amazing with the Mexican wedding flags. Try looking for some used light strands on KSL or craig's list? I like the round white tables with the different color runners and the lanterns with the cans with flowers in them. Love love love the lanterns!

    ReplyDelete